Palliative Care Case Management
Palliative Care Case Management focuses on improving your patient's quality of life and comfort when they are facing a serious illness or complicated medical decisions. Our interdisciplinary Palliative Care team works with you and your patient to help relieve pain and other uncomfortable symptoms while your patient continues all usual care, which may include curative treatments. We provide interdisciplinary care and 24/7 nursing support for symptoms, to your patient at their residence. We help them avoid hospital and emergency room visits, and help them plan for the future.
- Live in the Mid-Willamette Valley and are facing serious illness: for example, cancer, or advanced heart, kidney, liver, neurological, or pulmonary disease.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Have a primary care provider or specialist who oversees their care and agrees to collaborate with our team on their care.
- Have active symptoms that are causing distress.
- Desire support in comprehensive advance care planning. This may include help with issues such as: identifying an appropriate surrogate decision-maker, talking to friends and family about one’s condition, or mediating family conflict about their desired care.
- Specific conditions and services covered will depend on their insurance benefits.
THE PALLIATIVE CARE CASE MANAGEMENT TEAM CONSISTS OF:
- Nurses on duty 24/7 for advice or home visits
- Board-certified palliative care medical director
- A social worker
- Volunteer support
- Chaplaincy and home health aide (depending on insurance)
For more information please contact our office at 541.757.9616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org